Nightmares

I heard some nasty sounds outside my window last night. Sounds I've never ever heard before. They came in like sequences and they were loud, high pitched squeals. I'm a huge scaredycat (as in I'm scared of the dark and therefore sleep with my drapes open), so just sat in my sofa and didn't have the guts to turn around and look outside the window to see what it was.




In the end four cups of tea and a bottle of water took it's toll and I had no choice but going. I swear my heart was louder than the TV every time I passed a window and didn't feel safe until I was in the bathroom (which is one of the only rooms with no windows). The sound stopped when I was done peeing, and even though I was relieved as hheell, I couldn't sleep because I was still scared, and the drapes in my room were up.




And around 2 am I had to send my boyfriend (giggles it's still fun to say it) a message whining and complaining about how scared I was, and this morning he sent me a message saying he had a nightmare tonight. Being a person who rarely have nightmares, I said I felt sorry for him (I hate, no loathe, having nightmares. Since it doesn't happen often, I become sincerely freaked out about it ever time I have one), and he was playing butch and saying he doesn't even notice them.


So I started thinking about nightmares.



Definition from wikipedia


A nightmare is a dream which causes a strong unpleasant emotional response from the sleeper, typically fear or horror, being in situations of extreme danger, or the sensations of pain, bad events, falling, drowning or death.


And furthermore;

Nightmares were widely considered to be the work of demons and more specifically incubi, which were thought to sit on the chests of sleepers. In Old English the name for these beings was mare or mære (comment; the letter "æ" is Norwegian. Oh yeah).




Are nightmares that repeat themselves worst? Or is new nightmares every time worse?


And special thanks to Joel for being cool, funny, sexy, smart, awesome and kind and helping me not freak. Thankyou Yoel, when you become my assistant this will give you a nice Christmas bonus.



Cheers for now


Sunny

2 kommentarer: